2013年1月18日金曜日

BR2-34: Martin Luther KING

'I have a dream,' are some of the most famous words in the history of the United States of America. When Martin Luther King said these words in front of a crowd in Washington in 1963, thousands cheered, and the speech was shown all over the world. But less than five years later, he was shot dead. Why didi millions of people love him? Why did others hate him?

I read 'Martin Luther King.' I know a greatest man because I learned about him in English class when I was a junior high school student. I recite his famous speech at that time.  Martin Luther King is a book which is Oxford Bookworms Factfiles series. The series give us real history and interesting information. I learn many things from Oxford Bookworms FactfilesOxford Bookworms Factfiles has 4 stages. The book is stage 3 and it has 1000 headwords. The book has 14 chapters: 1 A man from Alabama; 2 Growing up in Atlanta; 3 Slavery and the south; 4 War in America; 5 Learning; 6 The Montgomery Bus Boycott; 7 Big trouble in Little Rock; 8 A new start?; 9 The march on Washington; 10 'This country is sick!'; 11 'I'm black and I'm proud!'; 12 'Black and White, unite and fight!'; 13 Death in Memphis; 14 Still dreaming. I thought chapter 9 is very shocking. Because there are some pictures in the page. I was shocked by a picture in which a black man was bitten by a police dog, therefore many people was hurt. I don't know why to happen a radical discrimination. There were many discrimination in America about 60 years ago. For example, the black people had to use taps which was separated from the white people. The black people could not permit to take the buses with white people.
Now, the President of the USA is Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. I think he can be making steady change America.
C. McLean, Alan (2001). MArtin Luther King, Oxford Bookworms (334/ 12954 words)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿