2012年5月19日土曜日

BR1-12: Arthur's first kiss


School was out for the weekend. "See you at my party tomorrow," Francine said to Arthur and Buster.
"So are you REALLY going to kiss Francine tomorrow?" Buster asked Arthur.
"What!" yelled Arthur. "Well, that's what Francine is telling everyone", said Buster. What is going to happen to Arthur?!
 
I read Arthur's first kiss. It was written by Marc Brown. It was published by Random House in 2001.
It is a story about Authur's kiss. One day, Francine and Muffy invited their classmate. One of them was Arthur. When Arthur and Buster got out school, Buster said that Francine tell others about kissing, Arthur and Francine. Arthur though he would rather kiss a frog. The next day, Arthur got dressed for the party. D.W. said "I want to go the party, too. I'll be your bodyguard, I'll keep Francine from kissing you." Arthur said "If you really want to help, you can take Pal for a walk later." Pal is their dog. Arthur walked Muffy's house and rang the bell. He said to himself "I hope they don't play that bottle kissing game." All of Arthur's friends were in the family room.Buster said to Arthur, "Relax, Francine said we won't play spin-the-bottle." But Francine and Muffy were busy doing something in the corner. Francine said to everyone "I'm writing each boy's names on a piece of paper for a game." And Muffy said, "I'm writing the girl's names." To tell the truth, however, Francine wrote only Arthur's name, Muffy wrote only Francine's name. So, Muffy tie a scarf around Arthur's eyes. Outside, D.W. has just seen it. D.W. run to the garage. The door had a tiny flap for Muffy's cat to go in and out. D.W. opened the flap and pushed Pal through it. Pal was happy to see Arthur. He gave Arthur a great big kiss. Arthur though Francine kissed to him, but it was misconception. After that, Arthur bought a piece of cake home for D.W., and he said to her "You're a great bodyguard," and he had something for Pal, too -a great big kiss!

I don't know spin-bottle-game, so I serch it on the internet. I find it, I surprised! Japan doesn't have game like it!

Brown, Marc(2001). Arthur's first kiss, Random House (375/7074 words)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿